Skip to main content

Best AWD Vehicles

Best AWD Vehicles - The All Wheel Drive (AWD) concept - which was previously restricted to Sports Utility Vehicles (SUV) and trucks, has made its way to luxury car segment, which according to the auto experts is a welcome change in the world of automobiles. AWD vehicles have numerous advantages over their 2WD counterparts, and the fact that this technology is now available as a standard feature in luxury cars has prompted many people to go for such cars. Those who are not familiar with the concept of all wheel drive cars can go through the following information about it before moving on to the list of AWD vehicles given below. (If you are well versed with what AWD cars are, you can skip the next section and directly go to the list.)

AWD Vehicles

As its name suggests, an AWD vehicle is a vehicle in which all wheels are powered by the engine. Even though this is somewhat similar to 4WD vehicles, a closer look at AWD vs 4WD comparison shows that the working mechanism in both of these differ to a significant extent. In case of AWD, approximately 90 percent of the power is transmitted to the front wheels while the remaining 10 percent goes to rear wheels. In four wheel drive vehicles, on the other hand, the power is equally distributed among the four wheels (when in 4WD mode). Even though the performance comparison between all wheel drive cars and four wheel drive cars shows same results on normal roads, AWD vehicles do fall short when it comes to off-road performance. However, you also need to pay attention to the fact that 4WD are much more costly than AWD. Similarly, the comparison between AWD and 2WD vehicles shows that the AWD cars have a definite advantage over 2WD cars.


Best AWD Vehicles


Popular posts from this blog

Work-Related Personal Development Plans

Work-Related Personal Development Plans - Personal development refers to activities that improve self-knowledge and identity, develop talents and potential, build human capital and employability, enhance quality of life and contribute to the realization of dreams and aspirations. The concept is not limited to self-development but includes formal and informal activities for developing others, in roles such as teacher, guide, counselor, manager, coach, or mentor. Finally, as personal development takes place in the context of institutions, it refers to the methods, programs, tools, techniques, and assessment systems that support human development at the individual level in organizations.

At the level of the individual, personal development includes the following activities:

* improving self-awareness
* improving self-knowledge
* building or renewing identity
* developing strengths or talents
* identifying or improving potential
* building employability or human ca…

Urban Meyer Stepping Down

Urban Meyer Stepping Down - Well, it appears as if it’s deja vu all over again.

Less than 12 months after retiring and then un-retiring, Urban Meyer is apparently stepping down as Florida’s head coach. There’s no word on if he will be stepping back up tomorrow.

Urban Meyer Stepping Down

According to Todd Wright of Sporting News radio, and AOL Fanhouse‘s Brett McMurphy Meyer will announce at a 5 p.m. ET press conference Wednesday that he is resigning/retiring as the Gators’ head coach. There are no further details available at this time, other than GatorUpdates reporting over the weekend that Meyer checked into a hospital the week of the UGA game and has been undergoing tests since.

Obviously, we’ll have more on this story throughout the day and well into the night…

Urban Meyer Stepping Down

Matt Cassel Undergoes Appendectomy

Matt Cassel Undergoes Appendectomy - The mystery of Matt Cassel missing practice Wednesday coupled with the Kansas City Chiefs promoting quarterback Tyler Palko has been solved.

The team has announced that Cassel underwent an appendectomy on Wednesday morning. The Chiefs say they expect Cassel to return to work this week. Returning to work and being ready to perform well in the team’s biggest game of the season on Sunday against San Diego are two different things. ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting the Chiefs are viewing Cassel as being questionable to play in the game.

Clearly, this is terrible timing. The Chiefs are 8-4 and would take a major step toward the playoffs with a win over the Chargers. Cassel has played very well for the past two months. If he can’t play, the brittle Brodie Croyle would face the Chiefs in his first action of the season. Croyle last played in Week 13 of the 2009 season.

Matt Cassel Undergoes Appendectomy

Cassel’s availability will come down to whether he…